How do I create a read only user in confluence (aod)

Quan Nguyen October 10, 2012

As per title...how do I create a read-only user?

We want to use Confluence to provide doc for some of our staff but we do not want them to be able to edit.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2012

You need to set up the space permissions to allow "someone who can log in" to see the space, but not do anything else. Then, for people who should be able to write to the space, add them separately with more rights.

0 votes
Quan Nguyen October 10, 2012

So space admin (as oppsed to global group admin) is the way to achieve this? I have a lot of spaces to deal with :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2012

Yes.

I can understand the starting point, but I don't like the way Atlassian default the privileges to "anyone who can log in". It's fine for open access stuff, but a large amount of the users of their software do have legitimate reasons to close some of the access, and the by the time they realise they need to do it, spaces and projects with copies of the default "open" access have proliferated, making it a bit of a nightmare to revise. You only need to deal with this once, but it's still a pain. (I had to do it for a 1000 project Jira once. That was "fun")

I am afraid you'll need to review every single space that might be using the "can log in" group to allow access (generally, that's confluence-users)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events