AJS is not define

Sébastien Robert October 10, 2012

Hi, we did use your product for couple months now and suddendly it is becoming unusable. I get a couple message says that the macro is unkown (Unknown macro: {recently-updated-dashboard}) also in the scripting errors log i see referenceError : AJS is not defined (in dashboard/batch.js) the fonction serving JavaScript in header is alredy turned on

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sébastien Robert October 24, 2012

I moved my installation to an other server restore my backups and I'm up and running now but there is no way I can reinstall one the original server as it is always missing AJS... Anyway case close for me. And thank you for the full procedure to reinstall

0 votes
Sébastien Robert October 18, 2012

I moved my installation to an other server restore my backups and I'm up and running now but there is no way I can reinstall one the original server as it is always missing AJS... Anyway case close for me. And thank you for the full procedure to reinstall

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

It sounds like one of the JavaScript files isn't loading for some reason -- maybe it got corrupted. If you have Firebug or the Chrome debug tools you should be able to look at the network tab and see if something failed to load.

Sébastien Robert October 14, 2012

If I look with firebug I don't see any error in the network section. But when I look to the console section there is 3 errors :

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
{namespace Confluence.Templates.Dialog}
ReferenceError: AJS is not defined
})(AJS.$);
ReferenceError: placeFocus is not defined
placeFocus();

Suggest an answer