Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to create a form in confluence and save the inputted data to a page?

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Atlassians,

I would like the know if i can have a page in confluence, where a form is present to ask users questions such as:

Name: |__________|

Surname: |__________|

Are you happy: Yes|_| No|_|

Etc: |__________|

*The questions are only examples

Once the users have completed filling in the form, They can click on something like a button to submit the form, but instead of emailing the info we want it displayed on a confluence page that should be editable if required, but then saves as a newer version.

I'm not sure how to approach this or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance

12 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

You can try out ConfiForms plugin for Confluence.

Easy to set-up and use, and quite powerful. You can choose from 60+ types of fields, and show the data the way you want (thereis a number of "views" macros to choose from, including the WYSIWYG, tables, calendars...)

Also, you ca setup the form to send the data entered via email, or create a JIRA issue out of it, and many other options

Lot's of tutorials could be found on our wiki, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/The+ConfiForms+Plugin+for+Confluence

Amanda Chu February 25, 2014

Hi Sash,

If I am the only admin creating forms, would I need to buy licenses for the employees who are filling out the forms?

Thanks,

Amanda

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your interest.

Confiforms plugin uses the licencing schema suggested by Atlassian, and the price is dependant on the Confluence license you use.

You do not have to buy separate licenses for each employee. Plugin is licensed per Confluence server. And there is no limit on the number of foms you can create. Also there is no limit on the number of users who can create forms - anyone who has page edit rights can create her own forms.

Plugin is fully supported by us and we can help you with initial configuration, so you can start faster building the forms you need and mastering the features it provides.

Like Alex likes this
Amanda Chu February 25, 2014

Thanks Sash!

4 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Hi Warren,

I believe the best way to add forms to a Confluence page is to use the Frevvo Forms plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/CFRV/Confluence+Frevvo+Plugin

However, you can also build your own forms by following our Confluence development guide if you prefer not to pay for a 3rd-party plugin: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Forms

All the best,
John

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

If I build my own form it's not a problem, however what code would i use to print the data to a confluence page instead of sending to a email?

Like # people like this
Oliver February 22, 2016

However, you can also build your own forms by following our Confluence development guide if you prefer not to pay for a 3rd-party plugin: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Forms

Woah this is amazing, exactly what I was looking for! No plugin needed, just the default {html} macro - sweet! thumbs-up smile

Like # people like this
Mikael Mikkola September 25, 2016

I did not get this (AUI/Forms). In the minimal case I would like to have a Confluence page where you can send an anonymous email to a pre-determined address.

In the best case I would, e.g., create a Confluence page that allows the users to

1. fill in text fields "Title", "Main", "Rest"
  2. send to user@domain.com an anonymous email  with "Confluence feedback: <title>" as its title and "Main" + "Rest" as the text?

Or is there some other simple and free way of doing this?

BTW, the Frevvo plugin costs and its current link is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.frevvo.forms.confluence/server/overview
Also Wufoo costs.

rahul Sg September 19, 2017

Hi Mikael, were you able to send data on an email address with AUI/forms

If yes can you point me to any link? as i am able to create a form but not able to send something using Send Button 

Mikael Mikkola March 29, 2018

Hi, I did not. Is there any way?

3 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2014

It really depends how strict you want to go about email validation. But we think that something like:

^[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$

should be sufficient enough.

Set this on ConfiForms field definition macro, as validation rules parameter. Of course, you can set the custom message which is shown when validation fails.

Answer explains how you can setup a form with validation rules using ConfiForms plugin for Confluence. More tutorials about setting up forms to capture user inputs in Confuence can be found in our wiki, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/The+ConfiForms+Plugin+for+Confluence

3 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012
3 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Run Plugin for Confluence can provide the form. There are a few options for handling it from there:

1. Write a script using the Script Plugin for Confluence to create the result page.
  2. Use the CLI Plugin for Confluence to create the result page - easier but not as flexible as the script
Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

I wasn't really looking for a solution that costs money, but might have to consider it. Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

An older version of the run plugin is available free and is probably sufficient for your case.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

Hi Bob, could you be more elaborate on the process to achieve this, I fail to see how this works with both the run and cli plugins? Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012
1 vote
Nayana Las January 19, 2018

hi.. Were you able to get the answer?

The answers below does not address your question.. I have the same issue where I have a form with radio-button (Yes and No) where default: No.. When I click Yes and hit Submit button - my form gets reset to what was default (No).. I dont want that to happen, i want it to retain its state.. any idea what to do to fix?

1 vote
Ravindran Venkataramana Rao September 3, 2014

I am a confluence client user, i have the same requirement of

Warren McInnes has how can i achieve it in confluence

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

Totally possible with ConfiForms plugin, take a look at tutorials here http://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Tutorials

1 vote
mike holm July 2, 2013

there's a survey plugin for confluence. seems like it will meet your needs. i don't remember which versions of confluence it's for. but probably worth looking into.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Thanks Mike, Will do

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Hi Warren, you might be referring to the page template in Confluence. Perhaps you could use it to meet your requirement. Cheers!

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

I have thought about this method, just would like something easier for the non-technical user

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

I see, in that case I would recommend Scaffolding plugin like Renjith mentioned. Please bear in mind that it is a commercialized plugin.

0 votes
AleGsander December 1, 2019

Just for those who are struggling with that task:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-template-296093779.html

Via template you have the possibility to work with variables. The WYSIWYG will display this as a text-box (depending on the type you configure the variable)

0 votes
Niharika Shrivastava July 27, 2014

In a confiform how can we put a validation for email field (?)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

Added as comment above, but basically set this as validation rules in your ConfiForms Field definition ^[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$

0 votes
swaraj jaiswal March 19, 2013

hi waren.

i am usins Confluence 4.3.7,and merging of page is not working for result page....after submittind data from form..the navigation is going into result page bt not the data,i am not sure whether frevvo will work for me or not

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events