cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fragmentation of the Task functionality in Confluence

Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

I am trying to work out the best strategy for my clients to use for doing lightweight task management in Confluence. I thought that since we have the new Task features and Workbox in 4.3 that this would be a no-brainer. We would not need Ad Hoc Workflows, we can just use the new functionality.

Once again, I feel that the release of this new feature in Confluence is a bit half-baked and it doesn't actually do all the things you need it to do.

So, I'm now trying to work out which method is best.

• Tasks in Workbox (Conf 4.3)
  • Tasklist Macro (I don't think this will stand up to comparison).
  • Ad Hoc Workflow Add-on
  • Will I also need the Reporting add-on (addional cost).
  • Or can the Ad Hoc Canvas add-on do enough for reporting (as it has other cool features too).

So I have created a spreadsheet comparing all the features and I would love your help in adding to it. This spreadsheet is published online and editable by you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArmEWnxyp7DvdERrOW1iUW4tTDNxRk5KZ0ZjLUNvTlE

Please help me compare all the features of these three Task Lists.

1 answer

0 votes
Jodie Miners
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

I've also added this to a blog post and included the published spreadsheet with the comparison so far http://jodiem.com.au/2012/10/04/fragmentation-of-task-functionality-in-confluence/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events