How do I revert back the UPM Update?

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

I have been seeing few issues after doing the UPM update. Could you please help me in reverting it back to the previous version?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2012

Rajani,

In order to do so, you'll need to navigate to Administration » Plugin and click on 'Uninstall' next to the UPM under 'User Installed'. If you can't uninstall the plugin this way, you'll need to:

1. Shutdown JIRA;
  2. Remove the upm jar file from the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory;
  3. Restart JIRA

Any of these methods will force JIRA to use the bundled version of the UPM. If you wish to install a version released after the bundled but not the latest, you can use the Upload Plugin link on the Universal Plugin Manager to upload any version you wish from here.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Without restarting Jira you should be able to directly install an older version from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin via the Upload Plugin link.

It has worked for me many times for other plugins, so it should also work with the UPM.

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

I have tried above mentioned solution from Matheus and it worked.

Suggest an answer