As an Admin, I would like to disable the Configure Fields button on the Issue Create/Edit screens

Rick Trudeau September 20, 2012

We are evaluating Jira 5.0.7 and have noticed new functionality on the Issue Create/Edit screens in the form of a button called Configure Fields that allows a user to display All or a Custom list of fields on the form.

We would like to disable this functionality so that each Issue Create/Edit form always displays All fields.

i.e. We do not want users to be able to define a custom view.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2012

You can possibly remove this by using some scripting in the Announcement Banner. However, before doing so, you'll need to ensure all users currently are showing all fields. By removing the button, if the users have configured to only display certain fields, they won't be able to switch back to show all fields. Anyway, if you wish to do it, I believe you can use the script below in the Announcement Banner:

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {

AJS.toInit(function(){
        // init on load
        AJS.$("#qf-field-picker-trigger").hide();
    })

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {
        // init on refresh
        AJS.$("#qf-field-picker-trigger").hide();
    });

})(AJS.$);
</script>

Another option, is to disable the 'Quick Create' popup screen, to use the old-style create issue page. This way, all fields will be displayed to all users as in JIRA 4.4. To do so, you'll need to use the following in the Announcement Banner:

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
</script>

I hope this helps!

These scripts were provided here:
- Remove the Configure Fields button
- Disable the Create Issue popup

Cheers,
Matheus Fernandes

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Oh dear, how I would love to be able to do this!

Suggest an answer