Is it possible to customize the display of Issues / Backlog Items in the "Plan" view of Greenhopper?

Tao Klerks September 17, 2012

While performing general backlog grooming ativities, it can be useful to see certain issue properties, such as for example "Is this backlog item ready to be submitted for inclusion in an upcoming sprint? (or is it known to be too vague / need splitting / missing information / etc)". I imagine we'd have to add a custom property of some sort, but I don't see how to make that display in the planning view(s).

I am talking about a "Greenhopper Simplified Workflow" Scrum board, created automatically as part of a new Greenhopper Scrum project, accessible in the in "Recent Boards" section of the "Agile" menu.

On this board, I am specifically talking about the "Plan" view, although my question would also apply to the "Work" view.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Hi Tao,

Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the plan mode view at all. If you have improvement suggestions, please create issues at http://jira.atlassian.com so our Development team can check and maybe develop them. We are always relying on our customer's feedback to improve our product, so any suggestions you have will be welcome.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

1 vote
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Hi Tao,

I believe you are talking about the new boards. For now, it is not possible to customize the Plan mode view. There is an improvement request being tracked at GHS-3474 that you can vote to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

Tao Klerks September 18, 2012

Thanks for the feedback - I'm not just asking about the detailed view (on the right) though, I'm also asking about the main list itself in plan view; Currently, the only things that display there are Issue Type, Issue ID/Ref, Summary, and Estimate/Story Points; my question/request is about modifying this list.

Andy Badke April 22, 2016

I see this must not have received any traction, as i'm now interested in exactly the same thing. I would just like to see the workflow status on the backlog / sprint list view. Customizing this list to view any selection of fields should be possible

Like Willy likes this
davebraddock July 5, 2016

I agree with Andy.

THis is something that we need also

Andrew Wozniak September 14, 2017

Ok, with all the new branding and logo changes now deployed, it seems that Altassian development team can refocus on "user" features. Please add the ability to edit backlog columns to help the user with planning activities.

Stephane Lorin November 3, 2017

Agree with all of you. Be able to customize this list/part is MANDATORY.

JessicaB November 17, 2017

You can view up to three fields on the backlog list view by doing the following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-cards-764478020.html?_ga=2.30443323.522028771.1510854265-116657251.1501007885 refer to the Adding fields to cards section of the article.

1 vote

I've clarified as far as I can; I don't see the term "Rapid Board" anywhere in the interface so I can only assume that's what I'm talking about, because I'm *not* talking about the "Classic..." option.

0 votes
Fred Mastropasqua August 29, 2013

Are the developers checking these boards for ways to improve the product? Or do these questions that get answreed in the negatie have to be re-submitted over on the https://jira.atlassian.com/ site?

0 votes

Another solution to my underlying issue is the one proposed in the following issue, to actually have a "Ready to be Pulled" flag baked in to GreenHopper directly: GHS-2526

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Can you please clarify if you are using Classic Board or Rapid Board?

Suggest an answer