cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a build variable as the Branch name of a Repository

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

I have a multi-repository build for which I'm trying to setup plan branches.

Until https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11544 is implemented, this is going to be somewhat difficult. However, it has been suggested before to use a build variable to "parameterize" the branch names of all non-default repositories in a build plan.

I have tried using this approach by using ${bamboo.repository.branch.name} in the Branch field of the Repository configuration of all non-default repositories in my build plan. Unfortunately, this is giving me the following error:

(java.lang.RuntimeException : com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.InvalidRepositoryException: Cannot determine head revision of 'ssh://9a161dbd-6f8b-4af6-ba39-8d4a883bffea@127.0.0.1:56487/pscom.git' on branch '${bamboo.repository.branch.name}'. Branch has probably been removed.)

Any idea how I can make this work?

Thanks,

David

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2013

Hi,

I'm afraid you've found a bug. This variable is set too late in the build process to be useful as workaround to BAM-11544.

Please vote on this bug report: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12900

It will work if you define your own plan variable, but sadly, this requires you to override it manually on each branch.

0 votes
Leandro Iriarte August 12, 2015

Is there any solution to this problem? I am still getting the same error

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events