Nice URLs only on some Confluence OnDemand pages

Hans Berg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2012

I've created Confluence OnDemand pages which normally can be accessed via URLs that look like this:

https://ourcompanyname.atlassian.net/wiki/display/KEY/page+name

The problem is that several recently created pages don't seem to get those nice URLs anymore...some of them (not all) now have URLs like this:

https://ourcompanyname.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7045154

Why does this happen? How do I change URLs to nice ones, like the first one?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Usually that means the title has special characters in it.

Hans Berg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2012

Yes, You're right, that it seems to be the common denominator. In this case the page titles contained å,ä or ö.

Thanks!

Admin Cognotekt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2017

and it still reacts like this. that sucks so much. I'd rather have pretty much anything else than this pageId crap. (A really straightforward solution would be "something+else" in the URL if the title is "something (else)" - just delete the chars if you can't process them)

confluence is a great product, just sometimes the Atlassian folks seem knuckleheaded beyond anything. They actually implement auto-correct in this entry box so "Atlassian" is always written with a capital "A" (try smile), but nice URLs are not in their repertoire.

Admin Cognotekt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2017

Oh and your docs are wrong btw.

We have a page with "()" in the title -> pageId. Another page has "*" -> no pageId.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events