Change workflow scheme need to take backup

Neena Goyal September 12, 2012

Hi,

I have created a new workflow scheme and want to replace with the exsiting workflow schdme. Let me know how can i take the backup so to ensure if anything goes wrong i can restore the previous data.

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi, you can create a copy of the workflow scheme and all its workflows, however if statuses have been changed and during the migration you've mapped workflow statuses, there may be loss of data. In that case I suggest doing a full backup and restore if required. You'd probably need to "freeze" the system in case.

Thanks

Actually when i assign the new workflow scheme to an existing Project it says that please ask your system administrator to take a backup in xml file. How can i take that back up.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi, you can do an export by following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues. You will need to be an admin to do this.

Will this take back up of the entire project configured in JIRA?

I want to take a backup of only one project.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

It's not quite possible, at least not from JIRA. You might have some luck with plugins, but no official way.

Let me know how to take back up of one project only

I have JIra on demand , can i get this done by support engineers as shared in the link below

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/60624/how-do-i-contact-a-jira-system-administrator-to-get-an-xml-backup

only 5 to 10 projects.

or is there any other way to do this so that data does not mess and i can recover the previous data if something goes wrong

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

NNG and was this a full or only 1 project backup?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

As said as far as I know JIRA only do full backups properly/officially.

please share your views, is it possible

Suggest an answer