Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragging items in Rapid Board doesn't update issue status as resolved

Cesar Garcia September 11, 2012

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to JIRA and Greenhopper. I applied the simplified GH workflow to a project and began moving some among columns.

Later on, in JIRA I added some comments logged time and marked them as closed. Next day, in the project dashboard, I see in "issues in last 30 days" that issues are unresolved. Damm, I should have solved issues before closing them! I reopen the tickets and label them as resolved. Same problem.

Back to the Rapid Board I drag them to In Progress and back into Done, with the overlay "Resolved" appearing. Same problem.

It seems like I cannot make items appear as resolved modifying them on JIRA and/or Greenhopper. Is there any step I'm missing? I even tried creating a release, but issues keep on being unresolved.

Best,

César

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Cesar Garcia November 3, 2012

Thank you both. I was able to solve the problem following those instructions. I also got additional information from Omar Al-Safi from Atlassian:

In order to fix this, you need to do two main things in your simplified GH workflow:

1. RemoveThe Resolution of the issue will be cleared.from Resolved transition post funcions
  2. Associate a resolve screen with Resolved transitions by clicking onEdit this transition, then choose (Resolve Issue Screen) from theTransition View and finally click on update and publish the workflow.

Thank you very much!

César

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi César,

From your description, I think that the issues are still having UNRESOLVED for its resolution field regardless the status field. Am I right?

If that's so, you might want to check whether you have set the resolution to any other value than UNRESOLVED as JIRA marked issues as resolved based on resolution field's value that is not UNRESOLVED.

If you have set it in transition e.g. "Close Issue" screen but the value is missing after you have completed the transition, it means that your workflow's transition is having a post function that might has been configured to clear the resolution field. Check this in the related workflow.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fahd

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

I am assuming that when you click on the 2 associated with No Component, it displays the same two issues with you calick on the Resolved 2 - correct?

When you click on the Resolved 2, what status does it show them in and is there a value for the Resolution field? Same question, but what is the status and the resolution field if you click on the No Component 2?

You might want to reindex and look at it again.

0 votes
jfghrthroioerio September 11, 2012

_spam_

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events