What is the best upgrade path going from Confluence version 2.10.3 to version 4.3?

Patrick Griffin September 9, 2012

Can we go directly from a 2.X version to a 4.X version or are there key interim upgrades that we should perform?

2 answers

3 votes
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

To upgrade from 2.10 to 4.3, please follow these upgrade paths: 2.10 --> 3.5.17 --> 4.3

Documentation:

Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Dear Amalia, Please update your answer with the info from mine below. Going straight to 4.3 from 3.5.x causes many issues xhtml migration issues for the most popular 3rd party plugins (Adaptavists and CustomWare's among them). Stepping to 4.2 first actually fixes this. This will save customers a lot of time and increase their joy :) thanks! Brendan

Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Thanks Brendan for sharing this :)

1 vote
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

OK so the better answer than above is actually 2.10 --> 3.5.17 --> 4.2.x --> 4.3 and I'll tell you why.

I just completed the upgrade of a relatively massive Confluence instance. We ran into a lot of xhtml migration issues when going straight to 4.3. Going to 4.2 and then 4.3 fixed many of these issues across tens of thousands of pages.

This CustomWare page was absolutely right:

http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/Upgrading+from+Conf+3.x+to+4.x+-+CustomWare+Plugins

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events