Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid that an issue gets resolved if time remaining is left on issue?

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2011

Hi,

is there a way to avoid that a user resolves an issue if there is still a time estimation left on it? I assume that the Groovy Script Runner can do it, but maybe somebody has already figured out the correct script?

regards,

Wim

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2011

Since I already have the Groovy Runner Script plugin installed. I did it with that. This is the script you need:

issue.estimate == null || issue.estimate == 0

regards,

Wim

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2011
That is useful. But, process-wise, is this correct? I mean sometimes (rarely) I over-estimate the time for the task, and I should still be able to close it. Or do you require that the estimate be changed in that case?
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2011
I would say there's nothing wrong with having the original estimate over estimated but I think wil is referring to setting time left to 0. I.e. If the issue is done then no reason to have time left on it
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2011
Colin is correct. It looks at the remaining estimate alone. Or there is no estimate, and that is ok. Or there is a remaining estimate, then it should be 0.
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2011
I got you, thanks
Andrey Kiyanovsky July 25, 2012

Wim,

can you help me to find the list of all issue parameters useful in Groovy Runner Script, like issue.originalEstimate, issue.estimate, issue.resolution etc...? Thank you in advance.

3 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2011

You can put custom Condition in the workflow to stop transitions to resolve or closed.

Not sure if this is natively supported now in JIRA 4.3.x or not but I wrote a small plugin to do it ages ago

https://github.com/gommo/Tributech-JIRA-workflows

I think there is another more complete plugin that has these types of conditions. I'll post back if I remember

0 votes
Tibor Valy July 18, 2011

You can add a Post Function for the workflow (Close Issue and Resolve Issue in the default workflow). Update Issue Field -> Remaining Estimate = 0.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events