GreenHopper is currently unavailable. This might be because an upgrade task has failed to run or has not not yet completed.

Greg Prior September 3, 2012

Received error after entering license key. Previously installed GreenHopper and received this error. After being unable to find any information on this error, uninstalled GreenHopper plugin, ran shutdown.sh and then startup.sh. Error message went away. Installed GreehHopper plugin. Entered license key. Error message started showing up again.

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2012

Hello Greg,

Usually this error relates with a lack of permissions of the user on the database, generating a improperly tables structure and leading to errors like the one that you posted. If this is the case, we'll need to get the structure of GH tables rebuilt.

However, the better way to analyze it and ensure that this is indeed the problem, is upon analyzing the errors on your logs, to provide a better assistance. Then, I kindly ask to you fill a request athttps://support.atlassian.com, on the GreenHopper project and provide all the detailed information, such as error messages and log files. :)

Greg Prior September 4, 2012

Database permissions was the problem. It works now. I found the errors in logs/catalina.out

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

@ Greg:

We've got the same problem with Greenhopper after an update. Can you please post your solution to this problem and the way how you solved it.

Thanks

Wilhelm

Greg Prior September 11, 2012

I found errors in logs/catalina.out saying that there were authorization errors when trying to create an index. There were also errors like 'ALTER command denied to user'. Our IT department created the database user id with minimal permissions. The install documentation specifies that you have to grant all access to the jira database. I should have considered that the Jira installation didn't go right for the same reason. It didn't create the indexes either.

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

What is the process to fix the database permission problem?

0 votes
Günther Wieser April 22, 2013

The database permission thingy did the trick for me. Upgraded my 5.2 jira instance with greenhopper 6.0 when this error popped up.

0 votes
Jeff Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

I think this can also be caused by restoring data into a JIRA whose Greenhopper plugin is at an earlier version than that of the source JIRA.

In my case I was getting the error importing JIRA OnDemand data into JIRA 5.2.9. The only clue was this line in the logs, indicating that the OnDemand Greenhopper was at version higher than my local JIRA:

Plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira' and name 'Atlassian GreenHopper' and version '6.1.4.5' is being updated to version '6.1.3.2'.

Moral of the story: when importing from OnDemand, create a blank JIRA, upgrade plugins, then import your data.
Gameforge June 24, 2014

Upgrading the greenhopper addon to a newer version helped me out.

Christian June 24, 2014

Same problem and same solution. Thanks.

0 votes
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Hi Greg,

For this case we recommend you to open a ticket under support.atlassian.com.

One of our Support Engineers will be happy to assist you within this case :)

Cheers,

Fernando | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events