Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an issue's status via the rest API

Andrew Nisbet September 3, 2012

From what I have tried, and read it doesn't look like it is possible to do this. Is that correct? or am I missing something. Really need to try and make this work if it is possible.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

7 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

You should be able to "post" a "transition".

In Jira, you can NOT update the status. It is NOT a field. It is a human label for the current position of an issue in it's workflow. So, you don't change the status, you move an issue from one to another with a transition.

Look in the docs ( http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/ ) for "transition"

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

I don't think it's spectacularly clear that status isn't really a field, and that document is pretty raw and dense. Compound those two factors, and I'm really not shocked it's hard to find! :-)

Andrew Nisbet September 3, 2012

Thanks, guess I need to RTFM a little more closely.

1 vote
Mikhail T November 21, 2013

Jobin, the link you provided no longer contains the anchor... Today's version of documentaion is for 6.1.3 and the link is: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/6.1.3/#d2e1291

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events