Customizing the Issue Collector thank you text

lhsmayertech August 31, 2012

Is it possible to change the text on the Thank your screen of the issue collector? Specifically I am looking to remove the link to the newly created issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2012

This is not configurable via UI. If you wish, you can raise a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA to register your interest.

The easiest way I could think of is by customising the plugin JAR file. Since this plugin supports internationalization, you can find i18n.properties inside the JAR file and change the string accordingly.

As for the latest version, these are the strings you would want to change:

collector.plugin.template.thanks=Thanks!

collector.plugin.template.thanks.recorded=Your feedback has been recorded in {0}. This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.

collector.plugin.template.thanks.no.permission=Thanks for providing your feedback! This window will automatically close in 5 seconds.

Once you are done, zip it back as JAR and upload to your JIRA.

0 votes
Avinav Pandya February 15, 2014

Hi Azwandi,

I followed the same method to customize the thank you message for my plugin, but still I shows the same old message.

Can you please help, The version of JIRA which I use is 5.1

Regards

Avinav

Valentine Buckler September 22, 2020

I'll reply with my fix for anyone else stuck having edited i18n.properties but not seeing the updated message.

1. Restart Jira server

2. Copy your existing Issue Collector (or create a new one), and use the html script source generated for that in your webpage.

Your updated message should now be live

Suggest an answer