How to add columns in linked issues in view issue screen?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi,

is there a way to modify the fields of linked issues, that are visible in the view issue screen?

I had a look in the jpm.xml but can not find something relative.

Thanks,

Kostas

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi Kostas

I believe that you're looking for an option to change the field related to an issue where all the link status are record. Am I right?

In this case, since this is hard coded structure, seems to me that we don't have this option available.

Anyway, please let us know what you're really trying to do. For further assistance, maybe you should raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Hi Paulo,

thanks for the help.

I'm attaching a image (part of the view issue screen) to make things more clear

In the Issue Links table at the moment there the following fields (linktype, issuetype, summary, priority, resolution)

I would like to add some more issue fields like (duedate, assignee).

For subtasks is possible to customize the columns that appear in parent issue. Is that possible for linked issues?

Cheers,

Kostas

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

That's not possible for links. As Paulo suggested, it is hard coded at the moment. You might want to look at modifying the bundled plugin!

JoeP January 5, 2017

Is this still not possible for links? It would be helpful to be able to add fields to linked JIRA issues in the View Issue Screen in the Issue Links section of the issue!

Thank you,

Joe

0 votes
raju November 27, 2017

This is an important feature. I am looking for a solution, but I am hitting dead-end. My requirement is to extend the 'Link Pane' with fields/custom-fields such as fixVersion, components etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

It's still hard-coded, as Jobin says.  You'll need to adjust the core code.

raju November 27, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please refer me to this file where I can make changes? 

Can we have use of Behaviour Script to do this? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

I don't think you can do it with Behaviours.  The files you'll need to alter are buried in the link add-on (it's a system add-on)

Suggest an answer