Where do we enter Story Points

Khurshid Akbar August 23, 2011

Hi Folks, Where do we enter Story Points, in the template I am getting there are estimate for hours instead of story points, maybe the greenhopper is not installed properly?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

In the configuration screens, either at the template level, or project level, there is the ability to add custom fields. For the list view, you would add the story point field and apply to the issues that need story points. Then in planning view, you can add your story points to each item.

Khurshid Akbar August 23, 2011

Colin if story point is customized field, then how it is used in burn down chart?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

It is a custom field that greenhopper installs and tracks

Stephane Renou November 17, 2011

I would like to use this "story points" fields for Improvments, and for the moment it is appearing only for user stories. I have the field defined correctly in my field configuration, my field configuration scheme is using this for the issue type and I can't see it in my GH configuration for this specific Issue type (improvments). When I go to the Greenhopper configuration / project templates, I can set the field to appear, but I can't do it from my agile session. I can't figure out which permission I am missing.

Thanks

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2011

Hi Renou,

Details on configuring the card styles can be found here.

You'll want to ensure that you have added the Story Points field to all of the issue types that you want to see it on. For instance, some teams estimate Bugs using Story Points, however GreenHopper does not do this out of the box so it is one thing that a team can add to the Bugs card style.

Thanks Renou.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon

David Rees January 9, 2012

I asked about what I think is the same thing here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28454/story-points-not-visible-in-create-edit-issue-after-following-greenhopper-101-instructions. The GreenHopper 101 doc made me assume I would see the field, perhaps it needs to be updated?

On a related note, on the Task Board the columns are showing times rather than Story Points. Is there a way to fix that also?

Stephane Renou January 9, 2012

Hi Reesd, I guess you hit the same issue that I did. I solved it going to the greenhopper configuration and in the card style making sure story points were part of my user story card style to get the filed to appear on the needed screens.

Suggest an answer