Can I restart a sprint?

Nancy Ketchum August 16, 2012

I am new to GreenHopper and was anxious to start my sprint. I did so before I actually estimated all the hours. Now, my burndown chart's grey line is not truly reflective.

Is there a way to restart a sprint?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nancy Ketchum October 9, 2012

Actually I have been able to restart a sprint. The reason I want to restart is because our company wants our sprint burn line to mirror our capacity - not just the estimates given for the stories input into the sprint. I have now come up with a method to do this...

To restart a Sprint, all you now have to do is go to the Plan board and double click on the sprint date. You can thus adjust.

Thanks for following up.

Alex Davis March 13, 2014

For anyone landing here like I did: specifically, if you update the sprint start date to a future time (e.g. now + 1 minute), the burn is reset to your current sprint scope.

Like rajoshree likes this
Vinod June 11, 2018

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot. It works for me.

1 vote
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2012

Hi nancyk,

By restarting a sprint, I think you would want to abort/cancel the current running sprint. Am I right?

If yes, this is still not possible to be achieved in GreenHopper. Here's a feature request for it - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5138

Anyway, you can always complete a sprint and start over with a new one without changing anything . But, the history of the previous sprint will remained. All the previous sprints will remained even you delete all rapid board and create new ones.

This is due to the sprint's name values are still in Sprint field in involved issues.

Regards,
Fahd

Suggest an answer