priority field on screen removed but still visible

Flavius Nopcea August 8, 2012

Hi,

For the view operation I have defined a screen where the priority field is not there. still when I view an issue the priority field is visible.

is this ok? is not this a bug?

thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Some fields like priority are hard coded in the view screen and not driven by screen schemes. I guess you can still hide it in the field configuration schemes. Can you try that?

yes, you are right...you can hide it in the field configuration scheme but it does not depend if the field is on the screen or not...

not this seems like a bug to me...how do I know what fields are hardcoded and which are not...

Like Raphi Levine likes this

it is very confusing... thery are hardcoded for the view page of an issue...not for the adding of an issue...on the form for creating an issue the fields do not appear...but they appear on the view page of the issue...is not this very strange and confusing for the regular administrator?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Well, I spoke from my experience of seeing it in the templates earlier. But @Nic said it right.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2012

System fields are hardcoded. Go to the list of "custom fields" and if it's not there, it's a system field.

1 vote
Susan Paul January 23, 2018

I did a 'hide' on the default configuration. Which did hide the field from all views.  This may not be the solution you are looking for.

Deleted user March 23, 2018

I can confirm your approach. If you hide it there it will not show up in other views, even if you set it in

• a custom field configuration on 'viewable' and 'mandatory' and
  • in the screen scheme 

Is there any other workaround? 

0 votes
Andrea Wadsworth September 10, 2018

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - maybe you can help me? 

I have created a request type called "Feedback". I do not want the "Priority" field to show up anywhere within this workflow.

None of the transition screens or create/view/edit screens I created have the "Priority" field included, but when I go to test the view you get when you create a "Feedback" ticket, I can still see the "Priority" field! How do I remove it? I feel like I've checked every setting as to where it may have been included but I can't seem to find it!

I'm still pretty new to Jira so any help you could offer would be much appreciated. Thank you! 

Andrea Wadsworth September 10, 2018

If you could tell me all the pages within Jira administration that could possibly affect what fields (both custom and system) show up that would be great too - that way I can check all of them to make sure they are set up properly. Thank you! 

0 votes
Susan Paul January 15, 2018

I found a way to hide it through field configuration... so that it wont show up.

Vishal Kulshreshtha January 23, 2018

Can you please mention how that is done?

0 votes
Jutamat_Phothisitthisak May 21, 2015

From our JIRA 5.1.3, we already hide priority field from field configuration and screen which associated to that issue type, but it is still display on Issue view page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2015

Yes, that's what Jobin said.

any resolution on this issue ? I( would like to remove the priority from my bug view screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2018

It's not changed.

thank you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2012

Possibly. Even if you remove the field from the screen, if it still has data, it will still appear.

Can you check an issue that does not have a priority defined?

Suggest an answer