cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the "Invite User" feature?

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Is it possible to disable the Invitation-Feature of Confluence >= 4.2 ? I didn't found anything in the docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+and+Inviting+Users

6 answers

6 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

You can disable Confluence Easy-User Admin Plugin from the Plugin Manager.

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

What do you mean by that? Disabling the WebItem by disabling the corresponding module of some plugin - well that should be enough ;-)

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

Ah, now I understand. The name of the plugin is "Confluence Easy-User Admin". Weird. One could disable the whole plugin or just the "Add Users Button" module.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

Disabling the plugin will disable the feature completely while disabling the "Add Users Button" module will only disable that specific feature. The choice is yours :)

Richard Cross April 23, 2015

How do we do this in Confluence 5.7.1?

Markus Torstensson June 15, 2015

@Richard Cross : same way. you must show all plugins to see it. the default setting is to only show user installed plugins, and that might be why you cannot see it. (had the same problem)

2 votes
Answer accepted
MohamedG April 10, 2013

We are using 4.3.7 and even by disabling the "Confluence Easy-User Admin" plugin, new registred users receive this kind of notification:

-----------

Hi XXXXXX,

Join me and the rest of the team on XXXXXXX Wiki!

It's the one place to create, share, discuss and store ideas, projects and documents.

You'll send less email, have fewer meetings, and get more done.

Your account has already been created, and your username is XXXXXX.

------------

How to disable this kind of notification please?

Regards

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2016

I´m using JIRA cloud and I've "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - One Click Invite" addon as a system addon that enables the feature, but I can't disable it!

Anyone knows how can I do to deactivate this functionality?

invite addon.png

Thanks!!!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Markus Lepper September 8, 2013

If you disable the entire module you'll get "strange" labels on two tabs in ADMIN > Users menu instead of invisible tabs:

"Invite Users" -> "browseusers.invite.tab.name"

"User Signup Options" -> "browseusers.signup.tab.name"

So not all traces of this "easy user mgmt." module get disabled. Any idea?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandre Bosserelle May 6, 2013

Hi all,

We are also using Confluence 4.3.7 and are impacted by these unsolicited e-mail notifications. Actually, a lot of our users complained about that!

Could you please indicate how to turn off these notifications ? We checked the Confluence Admin but couldn't find anything.

In the worst case scenario will have to block the outgoing notifications at the SMTP server level, but this is clearly not the easiest and most flexible solution.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best regards,

Alexboss 8)

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

Hi Niels,

I reasearched on this and it looks like there isn't a straightforward way of achieving that, you can disable the Invite Feature by disabling the Mail Server, not sure if that's a option for you.

Cheers,

WZ

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2012

No, we need those mail notifications. But thanks for the idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events