Migrating, exporting filters - how to?

Rumceisz August 5, 2012

Hi All,

we migrated one Jira instance to another.

Many users requested whether the filters used in the old Jira can be migrated to he new instance.

How van we do that? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Rumi

4 answers

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

just imagine...

filters could contain queries on more than only one project....

how should the import procedure validate that all dependencies are met to be able importing filters or dashboards (using filters etc...)

i.e. if only one project or issue-type doesn't exist that is used in your jql the filter is useless anyway.

just as Jobin mentioned...you will restore all content using the "Full Export & Restore" Step...

1 vote
daniel_lipka January 29, 2013

What about a partial migration to an existing instance with projects, where a full restore is not possible? We are able to import the projects, issues, user, etc. but the filters remain on the old instance. Isn't there a way to export/import particular filters/dashboards? Thanks!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Dashboards - no.

Filters - I can think about using REST service to export from one and to create also using REST to the other. But all filters will come under one username.

0 votes
Stephen Leafloor May 12, 2017

I have a similar question, but it's not related to a migration. We have a QA environment and a Production environment. We of course do all our work in Production, so that's where all our filters and dashboards have been created.

Our QA environment is a seperate environment, and it was created long ago. I want to export what I have in Production so I can import it into our QA environment.

I'm not a JIRA Admin, I'm a user. I asked our admins, but they said it's not possible. This means I have to manually recreate all the things that have been done in our Production environment.

Simon Wise September 4, 2018

Did you find an answer to this? 

Jira is full of possibilities......

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2012

When JIRA was migrated, filters should have been migrated too. Migration is always "full migration". What procedure did you use for migration?

Suggest an answer