Add Label in Content Editor Bug? Labels are not visible

Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

If I add or edit a page / blogpost I have troubles with the visibility of the labels in the editor.

What I do:

1. Edit or Add a page or a blogpost
  2. Click "Labels" and add a label
  3. The number of the Label button is set to 1 - correct
  4. Then I close the popup
  5. Now I click on the button "Labels" again and no labels is visible.
  6. If I save the page now, the labels are attached

Is this a known issue? I think, I have heard something about this in the past, but I couldn't find the related issue at atlassian.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi Oliver,

I managed to reproduce the same issue in 4.2.4 and I'm guessing the same issue is still happening in the latest Confluence 4.2.11. I'll check if there's an existing bug report on this in our system and if there's not I'll create one for tracking and to notify the development team regarding the issue.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Hey oliver,

I have raised a bug report regarding this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26140. You may watch the bug report for any future updates by the development team. Feel free to leave your comments too.

Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Thank you for your investigation. Its normal that I could not view the issue, and "project not exists message occurs".

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2012

Here is the link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26140 without "." You should be able to view the bug report now.

1 vote
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

Does this issue occur in other browsers as well? Does it happen in all spaces?

There are two things that you can try. Please back up your database first before performing the following tasks.

• See if enabling safe mode would solve the problem (this means that one of the third-party plugins installed is the culprit).
  • Delete any customization codes applied to your Confluence instance. Check:
    • Custom HTML in Confluence Admin
    • Stylesheet in Confluence Admin
    • Layouts in Confluence Admin
Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

I could reproduce this problem on every intance from our customers, on our owns, on a clean installed confluence with no plugins, no design, no stylesheets, ... too. (version from 4.2.2 to 4.2.8).

The problem is, that at a click on #rte-button-labels, the assigned labels are rewritten in the DOM of the label editor, starting at #dialog-label-list and the child ul. This List is written as well, but only with all labels, which are attached at the inital request of the site, not with the new labels.

0 votes
Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

has nobody the same issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events