Can I automatically set Global Rank as part of a workflow script function?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

Some background: We have the following priority options for JIRA issues: Standard - low, Standard - High, Urgent, and Emergency.

Urgent issues are to be considered "next in line". Right now, when you create an issue with an "urgent" priority, you have to manually go to the rapid board and move it to the "next in line" column, and then move it up to the top of the list. Using the Scipt Runner plugin, I'm pretty sure I can eliminate the first half of that, and automatically transition the issue to "next in line" based on the priority. What I'm wondering is if I can also set the Global Rank this way (or any other way).

I understand that changing the global rank of an issue (to 1 for example) changes the rank for all issues (moves their rank down) so I'm assuming this can't be scripted, and has to be done on the Rapid Board itself, but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I might be able to automate this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

Here's a different approach - can I set up Greenhopper so that newly added issues automatically get the #1 priority (thereby moving all issues down, but not changing their relative priority) instead of new issues automatically getting the lowest priority?

Suggest an answer