Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for the greenhopper REST API???

Paul Blakeley June 27, 2012

Can someone please tell me where I can get the greenhopper documentation for the REST API?

Thanks,

Paul

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Ben Liu July 24, 2013

I want to get answers as well.

0 votes
Andrew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

We're pleased to announce that JIRA Agile now has a public REST API. The new officially supported REST API includes a number of improvements over the old private JIRA Agile REST APIs:

• New resources — We've added a number of new resources to help you interact with JIRA Agile, like the epic and sprint resources.
  • Online documentation — You don't need to mess around looking at private internal API calls anymore. The documentation is available online and will be updated with each release.
  • New documentation theme — The documentation is now easier to parse with expandable sections for resources and better styling.

Check out the documentation for the latest version here: https://docs.atlassian.com/greenhopper/REST/cloud/ 

If you are currently using the private JIRA Agile REST API, see the instructions below:

• If you have a Connect add-on — Be aware that the resources that are marked as private in JIRA Agile REST Scopes have been deprecated. These private resources will no longer be whitelisted on the 1st November 2015. You must migrate to the new public REST API before this date. Note, there is feature parity between the whitelisted private resources and the new public REST resources.
  • If you have a P2 add-on — Be aware that the private JIRA Agile REST API will remain experimental and may break at any time. You can continue to use the private API, but we recommend that you migrate to the new public REST API. Note, feature parity does not exist between the private and public REST APIs, and we cannot promise that there will be feature parity in future.

If you have problems using the new JIRA Agile REST API, create an issue in the ACJIRA project on ecosystem.atlassian.net (not the issue tracker shown at the top of this page).

Andrew Lui
Technical writer, JIRA ecosystem 

0 votes
Chris Wilkins January 15, 2014

Any news on this in the new year?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

The jira-python source has some comments about the JIRA Agile REST API methods. I used Inspect Element and the source. E.g.

https://bitbucket.org/bspeakmon/jira-python/src/21042bf6b607687d17afa0c9c55503c0f6fe5ab7/jira/client.py?at=master

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

There was a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7029for more docs about the DB schema but it was closed with the following comment:

"we've decided not to document anything like this, certainly not publicly for a number of reasons."

My understanding is that if Atlassian documented the Agile REST API then that would imply it was public and they would have version control it and update the docs when it changed. If they don't declare it public then they can change it as they wish from version to version. Very frustrating I know

0 votes
Jacob Haut July 31, 2013

Yeah, me as well.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2012

Hi,

At the moment we don't have much formal documentation for the API. We have a story on our backlog to have the parameters appear and be documented but it's not imminent.

In general you might find it helpful to check out the GreenHopper source code. All commercial licensees (i.e non evaluators, not 10 user charity licenses) can access the source code from their account at https://my.atlassian.com.

Thanks,
Shaun

jamesgt February 27, 2013

8 months passed, is there some update on this?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2012

Check here.

Thanks for the reply. But this doesnt detail the inputs or what is the response.

For the /sprint/{sprintId} call. What is the input sprintId? What is the response?

Any help with this???

Tohid Azizi March 10, 2015

We are looking for "greenhopper" documentation.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events