Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display all Users when assinging an Issue to an other Person

Fabian Klein June 21, 2012

How can I enable a list of all Users I can assign in the field Assignee when creating, processing or changing an Issue?

We had this functionality on an other jira server, where I wasn't the administrator. I just installed Jira a couple of days ago and therefore I have adminsitrator rights on the current Jira-Server.

Since the first two answers did not solve the problem, I will attach some screenshots to clearify my problem (it is german though).

This Screenshots shows how it looks on the old jira-server. All Users where shown and you were able to select one

This is how it looks on the new jira-server. You have to type in the name of the user and you are not able to see a list of all users from that you can choose.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Maybe this helps

Try setting the startup parameter

-Datlassian.darkfeature.frother.assignee.field=false

in bin/setenv.[sh|bat]

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2012

dark features ? That's spooky ;-)

I didn't know this bug in 5.0. We are still on version 4, but I voted for it. Fabian, hope it helps you with your problem.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

i'm note sure if one has also to set a property in the UI as it looks like in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/52662/what-is-advance-setting-jira-enabled-dark-features-jira_option_enabled_dark_features

@Fabian Hope it helps

Fabian Klein January 22, 2013

Dark Features, huh ? :)

Even my answer is a little bit late, thanks a lot for your quick reply. Was solving the problem back then.

1 vote
Shankar Rao Pala June 21, 2012

Hi Fabian,

In order for the project users to appear in the Assignee drop down box, they should be granted the permission 'Assignable User'in the 'Permission scheme' for that project. This should be done by a JIRA admin who is responsible for creating the Permission scheme for a project.

Once this is in place, the users will appear for selection in the Assignee field, when you either create or edit an issue.

Please let me know if you found my response useful and require more information.

Thanks,

Shankar

Fabian Klein June 25, 2012

Sorry, allready tried that, but didn't solve the problem. I still don't get a list of all users.

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2012

Hi Fabian,

I think, this is a global permission. Your Jira Administrator can set the global permission "Browse Users" to a specific group of users.

Cheers

Thomas

Fabian Klein June 25, 2012

Sorry, allready tried that, but didn't solve the problem. I still don't get a list of all users.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2012

Hallo Fabian,

that's really strange. The global permission is doing exactly what you try to do:

Browse Users

Permission to view a list of all JIRA user names and group names. Used for selecting users/groups in popup screens (such as the 'User Picker'). Enables auto-completion of user names in the 'User Picker' popup screen.

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions)

How is this permission set in your environment ?

Cheers

Thomas

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events