Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can access remote git repository from Bamboo using only one Repository URL

Build Monkey June 17, 2012

I am trying to get Bamboo to connect with our remote git repository and can only connect by using the following configuration in "Repository URL"

/absolute/path/to/repro/.git

with 'Authentication Type' set to 'None'. In Fisheye, I am able to use

user@server:foo.git

with Authentication type set to None, but I can't do the same in Bamboo. Can someone please help out.

Thanks!

5 answers

0 votes
Tom Towkach August 11, 2012

I'm able to use this as the URL: http://localhost:7990/scm/TEST/test.git

And then I select username/password and I put in admin and the admin password

If I put admin@ I get this duplicate name error, so I just removed it off the URL.

0 votes
Build Monkey June 18, 2012

I am seeing jgit errors in my logs. We do not have jgit installed and I have specified native git in the server and agent capability. How can this system avoid using jgit.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2012

make sure native git capability is defined on Bamboo Server in Administration/Server Capabiliities (and on agents, if you're using remote agents)

There are two types of agents, local and remote, correct. I thought locals were running on the same server as bamboo while your remotes run on different servers. Do we need to have remote servers running on remote servers to access the remote repository? Is there documentation for this?

Under Server Capabilities, I see "Git" and that version of git is pointing to /usr/bin/git. I don't see a "native git capability". Do I add this as a custom capability?

I verified that the agents as well as the bamboo server are using /usr/bin/git.

Are the agents checking out the code? Who are the agents running as? The same owner as the server? I am trying to determine "who" the person is that is accessing the remote repository.

After reading other peoples' issue, I noticed that bamboo does use jgit for some operations. I installed org.eclipse.jgit-1.3.0.jar in WEB-INF/lib, and restarted the server, but still getting the same error. Any suggestions? Thanks

More information:

I created a script that was able to clone the repository so the agent is not being denied access to the remote repository.

More information from the log file

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:484)
at org.shaded.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:128)
... 245 more

I want to see the 245 more errors since this isn't giving me any feedback.

I have set the Auth Type to 'None'.

More data. I am seeing this on startup and not sure if it is related to not being able to lo into git. At this point I am grasping and will shortly throw my hands up. I am currently evaluating the product for purchase and we won't be able to go any further if this isn't resolved.

2012-06-19 16:00:43,860 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [bucket.user.propertyset.BucketPropertySetItem]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:46,049 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [net.sf.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:46,053 WARN [main] [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [net.sf.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
2012-06-19 16:00:51,547 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernateSidUserType
2012-06-19 16:00:51,560 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernateSidUserType
2012-06-19 16:00:51,560 WARN [main] [CustomType] custom type does not implement Serializable: class com.atlassian.bamboo.security.acegi.acls.HibernatePermissionUserType

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2012

The warnings are unrelated to your problem. I think it's best if you contacted support at support.atlassian.com

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2012

Does user@server:/~/foo.git work?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2012

Are you using native git in Bamboo?

No. getting the same RepositoryException error.

Again, I have the same set up (user@server:foo.git) in Fisheye and am having no problems. Both Fisheye and Bamboo are running as the same user on the same machine.

What do you mean "native git"? git comes with Bamboo? Like Fisheye, it might be using the server version in /usr/bin/git and it's version 1.7.1

0 votes

The error I am getting when using

user@server:foo.git is

Error encountered while triggering manual build: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: user@server:foo.git: Auth fail

Plan 'TEST' did not start

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events