Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Escalation in JIRA 5.0.3

Chris Foster June 17, 2012

We are running JIRA 5.0.3 and are using a jelly script similar to what Atlassian has posted here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Jelly+Escalation, modifying it appropriately for our login, comment text, etc. We have stored it within the JIRA server and then created a service to run against it every 24 hours. The service is working as is the jelly script. Essentially, this script takes the results of a filter in JIRA and then forces the issues identified by that filter through a workflow transition (i.e. Need More Info to Inactive) and then posts a standard comment to the issue (very similar to what Atlassian's example did). The script IS updating the workflow status AND the comment is being posted to the issue(s) however even though this comment is being posted, JIRA doesn't seem to be sending the "issue commented" email to anyone - as the notification scheme is set to do.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was your solution to get JIRA to send the issue commented email alert out (to whoever your notification scheme says that a issue commented email should send to)?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Have you checked that the transition being executed is firing an Issue Commented event not a Generic event? It's not enough to just add a comment in a transition - you must also fire the event you want. (If you need to fire more than one event you could use the Script Runner plugin.)

Chris Foster June 18, 2012

J,

Thanks for the heads up here - I just needed to update the event that was being triggered in that particular workflow transition. I updated it, tested it and things seem to be working now!

Thanks again!

Chris

Jared Farrish June 18, 2012

You mean all tha digging around and you never came across the transition event trigger? (Note, we work together.) J, Chris is very appreciative for your help; this has been bother him for a couple of weeks. The imperfect logging didn't help track the issue down, either.

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

No worries :)

1 vote
Tom Moors
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2012

Hi Chris,

I used these Jelly scripts in a few instances. I configured my notification schemes to notify the reporter of the issue when a new comment is added. Since the reporter is configured to be the name of the customer who filed this ticket, he or she will receive the notification mail.

How is your notification scheme configured? Did you select the correct scheme for this project?

Regards,

Tom

Chris Foster June 18, 2012

Hi Tom,

It seems that this script (in our case) is causing JIRA to fire a generic event rather than an issue commented event. Our notification schemes are configured to send certain roles an email notification if an issue receives a comment. Since JIRA is firing a generic event instead of an issue commented, this seems to be why we aren't seeing the emails go out. I am weary to assign the "Reporter" role to receive a generic event notification email....would that not send them any and all issue updates?

Chris

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events