Reply to jira instead of the actual user

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

Hi,

I've added a new user name jira@ourdomain.com so it will send all the email notification.

When a user gets an email notification, the From field contains the full name of the person who created or updated the issue plus (Jira).

Our users sometimes reply to the user via email, but although the name is right, the actual address i sjira@ourdomain.com. Which means, that the sender think he sent the email, but the email arrives to the default account (jira@ourdomain.com).

How do I set jira so replying to the person that made the change, will get to the actual mail address?

Thanks,

Janiv.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
lrobertson39
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

Hi Janiv,

I believe this is not possible. The way to do it would be to set a 'Reply-To' email address, but this option isnt available in the SMTP settings.

Also, this may not be the best solution to your problem. When users start discussing issues via emails rather than comments on the actual ticket you loose the history trail. The best solution to your problem may be to set up the Incomming Mail server so that when a user replies to an email, their email is added to the comments on the ticket.

0 votes
Tamir Lavi April 6, 2013

Hi Javin.

I'm having the same problem (on v5.0)

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Suggest an answer