How to disable pop-up option for creating a new issue in JIRA 5.0.3

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

Hi All,

In JIRA 5.0.3 found that while creating an issue by clicking "create issue" button on top right corner then a pop-up window is coming and there we need to enter the issue details. My query is that how we can revert to old style of creating new issue instead of pop-up window.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

You can do it by adding this snippet in the Announcement banner!

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
</script>

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

Hi Jobin,

This is only hiding the create issue button from dashboard. I want to change the pop-up option to normal one while I'm clicking issue create button. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

Thsi doesn't hide the button! Atleast not to me. Have you tried it?

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

Sorry.. It was my mistake. It's worked for me. :) :)

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

Noted one thing that when we selecting a project (browse project) and from there if we are trying to create an issue by clicking create issue button then pop-up window is coming. Is there any possible way available to change that pop-up window style to old one. Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

S August 21, 2012

This java script just disables the dialog box from top right create-issue link. Is there any way to disable it from all places, like when we are inside any project, or from Issues>Create Issue link.

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

JIRA 6.2.2. The snippet in the Announcement banner work around works on for the Create Issue button. The pop-up still appears if you use drop down menu 'Issues' -> 'Create issue'. There is article is being reference in JIRA KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Disable+the+new+Issue+Creation+dialog+in+JIRA+5.0/Disable+the+new+Issue+Creation+dialog+in+JIRA+5.0

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events