Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i filter the asignee list

Kivanc Tunc May 28, 2012

On the custom screen I've added to my workflow there is Asignee field.

There are 30 assignable users in my project and i want only 4 of them to show up in my custom screen's Assig user field .

I'm sure I can set the Asignee field to have only a special user group .

But I could'nt find how ?

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Pranjal Shukla May 28, 2012

Hi Kivanc,

There are two available options here, you can write a JavaScript code to remove all the values of the Assignee select list except the needed 3. You can also try approach mentioned in here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

I tried the approach with Resolution field and it works great. Not tried with assignee.

Kivanc Tunc May 28, 2012

Did you use jira.field.resolution.include property in Transition Properties under workflow edit ?

I try to add jira.field.Assignee.include but i get an error Te key "[jira.field.Asignee.include]" is reserved error

Yes, I used the exclude property. I guess it should be like jira.field.assignee.exclude and the usernames or id of the users that you want to exclude. I haven't tried excluding the user. I have only tried excluding the resolution. You might wanna try this.

0 votes
Thomas Talinski November 5, 2013

Thanks Matt, but I hoped it can achieve my goal with such a transition property value as well as the "unassigned" entry.

Maybe any other ideas?

Thomas Talinski November 10, 2013

obviously not... :/

0 votes
Thomas Talinski November 4, 2013

does anybody have an idea, with which value in the transition properties I can exclude "Automatic" from the field list for Assignee?

I was able to remove "unassigned" with this:

jira.field.resolution.exclude 1

Is "Automatic" maybe just value 2?

I would be thankful for any help!

BR

Thomas

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

I Use Chrome and Inspect Element to view the HTML for the select list. That may show you the value of each option

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

Try the following in the transition properties:

jira.permission.assignable.group=your-group

See http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html for some tips on this.

Pranjal Shukla May 29, 2012

Jobin,

This property can only be used for a state, not for transition. I don't think so this'll help. What do you say?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2012

I haven't tried it but it should check the current state while displaying the assignee screen whether it is during edit, assign operation or on the workflow transition screen!

0 votes
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

You can use the plugin: User Picker From Project Role - Issue Alternative Assignee, found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.issue-alternative-assignee/version/37 to give you a drop down list containing only those users you assign to a particular project role. Add the post function to automatically assign the issue to the user picked in the custom drop down as part of a workflow transition. I use this to assign issues to members of the Verification Team after a fix to an issue has been implemented. Works very well.

Hope you get sorted,

Dave

Hi David,

I guess this is not the solution Kivanc is looking for, He needs to assign to only 3 users out of the 30 possible assignable users. With post function, the issue will get assigned to only one user all the time.

Kivanc Tunc May 28, 2012

I know that i can only assign one user per issue .

What i like to have is a assignee drop down box with only the users i want , not all the assignable users.

I will try User Picker From Project Role plug in and write the results here .

Thanks ALL ..

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

Maybe I didn't understand the requirement correctly Pranjal but I thought this plugin would satisfy it fully. Its use will give you the opportunity to implement a workflow transition screen on which there is the possibility of selecting the assignee from a list which contains a subset of the total assignable users controlled by adding them to a project role...? Does that not fix his problem...? I am confused... :)

Kivanc Tunc May 28, 2012

I installed User Picker From Project Role ( Custom Field ) : provides a combobox to choose the user for a specific role in an issue.

Now i have the combo on my custom workflow screen with the people i want in it .

BUT

How will i connect that combo to the Assignee user on screen submit ?

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

To your workflow transition add a postfunction that assigns the issue to the user from a custom field. Type in the name of your new combo box custom field and that should work nicely. Let us know how you get on?

D

0 votes

Hi Kivanc,

This is governed by the Assignable User permission in the permission scheme attached to your project. You can configure users there, these users could be individual of them, could be a group or some role of your project. Once configured, assignee field would only show those users which configred against "Assignable User" permission.

~Pranjal Shukla

Kivanc Tunc May 28, 2012

Thanks Pranjal ;

I know that Assignable User permission thing. But there are 30 assignable users in my project and i want only 3 of them to show up in my custom screen's Assig user field .

Thomas Talinski November 11, 2013

hm but how would I get rid of the "automatic" entry in my list of possible assignees at a particular transition.

this option assigns the issue to me (project lead) which is an option I don't want to give at a particular transition.

I'd reckon that to be possible but wasn't able to achieve so far. :(

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events