Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid multiple users will be connected with a single username in different machines?

Felipe Vasquez May 22, 2012

we need to validate an unique user

*I'm working in confluence

still find no solution to this, someone could help me please?.

We deliver a user account and password restricted to each person, we need to limit access to this account that many people use it simultaneously.

we sell a service with limited accounts

8 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

Hello Felipe,

This issue was just brought to my attention. I would like to be clear here. Are you trying to set up a system that will expire any open sessions a user has once they log in from a new machine? Or, are you providing multiple individuals with the same credentials?

If the former, this is a legitimate security concern and I have filed a feature request on your behalf.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27627

Please visit this issue, vote on it and feel free to add any comments you may have.

If the later, please review our Licensing terms. Providing one login for multiple users is an unsupported use of Confluence. Please purchase a larger licensing agreement to accommodate your user base.

http://www.atlassian.com/licensing/confluence

Felipe Vasquez December 25, 2012

dear this is not what we need, I do not think the question was very clear. Thank you very much for your help

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012

Mostly develop a custom authenticator which can take care of this. One good option if you are not looking at writing it yourself - https://www.appfusions.com

0 votes
Felipe Vasquez January 6, 2013

Thanks Ellen. I discovered that through the interceptors of seraph is possible to do this

Sanil Pullanjot July 11, 2018

Hi Felipe ,

can you tell , how you did using searph. 

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2012

Felipe -

We have done quite a bit of work in the custom authenticator area for Atlassian products, and happy to help you -

Give us a shout if needed - info@appfusions.com - Happy to help!

Ellen

Felipe Vasquez January 6, 2013

Thanks Ellen. I discovered that through the interceptors of seraph is possible to do this

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2012

There is no solution in Confluence, as you've read below.

You need to establish WHY this is occurring and look at two things

1. Why is it a problem for you

2. Why is it being done like that

0 votes
Felipe Vasquez December 23, 2012

still find no solution to this, someone could help me please?.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012

There's not really enough information here to tell what you're doing or what the problem is.

It does sound to me like you have given a single username to many people, which is a really bad thing to do (technically, illegal in certain places, and probably breaches your license). But I can't tell.

I m trying to say that we dont want that two persons enter with the same password at the same time (from 2 PC at the same time)
In the case that one person give his password to another one, and both enter from 2 PC at the same time.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

You mean, you need to prevent multiple login sessions of the same user?

A kind of solution which is closest could be to disable 'remember me' option and decrease the session timeout to a very less value, say 5 minutes.

thanks for your reply, but what we looking for is:

we want to block the access for multiple login, example two machines and two users with the same login and password "that we need" . just one user for one machine. and if he changes of this machine need to logout from the first and connetc in the other. Not aloud for connect if your account is already in use.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2012

You still shouldn't have two users with the same login and password. As I said, it's illegal in certain cases, and probably breaches your license.

I do think I know what you mean - imagine the case where I log into Jira on my laptop. Then pick up my tablet and do the same - you want the second login to fail because I'm still logged in on the first machine?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

I don't think it is really possible to control that.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2012

I think he's talking about two users doing illegal... The two of them are using the same user for the Confluence right?

Felipe Vasquez May 23, 2012

exactly, your are right Ramiro this is what we need resolve. I did research about LDAP, but I don't know if this really helps me. can you help me, please.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Hi Felipe,

Here it is a documentation on where to see the active sessions on Jira:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Viewing+User+Sessions

There you can see if a username it is being used more than onces at the same time. The problem is that you can only see the sessions, there's nothing like a way to restrict it.

It's really weird that multiple users want to use the same username, or maybe not.

thank you!!

but I'm working with confluence. I read about LDAP, but did not understand much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events