Share me the document how to upgrade the JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.0 and up

kanthu kumar May 22, 2012

I need to set up and upgrade new of version of JIRA on my machine.please provide me the document of the same.So please provide the links and also plz provide is there any demo link or recorded session for new JIRA 5.0

2 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

My first option in the google search was that document. Maybe it's easier (don't know how) if someone does a goolge search for you (?)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012

I really don't think a google search is quite the right response for this case. I think http://lmgtfy.com/?q=upgrade+jira+from+4+to+5 is possibly a more useful answer.

parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

I thought of saying that when i saw the question, but erased it from my mind, we all have stupid moments and ask crazy questions. please be kind guys lets not scare anyone here :)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

OMG! @Nic that is awesome!LOL

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012
Hey Nic,

this link is really really great, took a smile on my face :-)

Thank you

Thomas

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2012

It's a great site, but as Parthis implies, I do avoid using it.

I stick to cases where the questioner blatantly hasn't bothered to even start to search. If they can't be bothered to try, I don't see why we should! :-)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2012

As this has been asked again much the same, I'll make the point again.

Have you read the documentation on this? If you have, then where are you stuck?

Suggest an answer