How do I get tif tiff image files to display

Jason Stoller August 3, 2011

I added a tif image file to a page but it won't display using the gallery macro and it won't display using "Insert Image" in Wiki Markup. Any way to do this? thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Quote Light Randomness August 19, 2017

You can use a tiff viewer chrome extension like the one I wrote.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/inline-tiff-viewer/kkfncbfgbghoklckdmeljdjohpkknlma

0 votes
arron lee November 24, 2013

Hi, have you found your way out? Why not try to bulild a web tiff image viewer by your self to display the tiff images? I am learning about how to create Tiff viewers with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help display and read tiff files these days. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

The gallery macro will not work with tif images "

• Only the following file formats are supported: gif, png, jpeg. The bmp format is not supported.

I've also had problem displayinig images with IE8. And it is a IE8 problem, becasue they will display in Firefox and Safari (I believe that it displays in Chrome, but I don't use it, so I can't confirm).

What browser are you using?

Jason Stoller August 3, 2011

I use Firefox and Safari. Too bad no other file formats are supported. gif and jpeg are "lossy"

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

You can attach a tiff image though, you just can't get it to display a thumbnail. :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events