Moving Multiple Products from OnDemand to Self Hosted

Brian Boatright May 17, 2012

I've searched and read a lot of similar topics about moving from one platform to another.

We are in the process of setting up to self host our Atlassian products but it will be a few months or longer before that happens. In the mean time I would like to get our team (of 5) started with Jira, Confluence, GreenHopper, and Stash via the OnDemand service.

for reference here is a list of the few answers I already found on this subject

The answers are both the same but I can't tell the actual date of the answer because the year is not displayed.

common answer is:

Contact support at OnDemand for an export of your data, it'll be importable on download. I'd recommend you do it early on in your migration cycle - you'll want to test it before planning a move.

Is it difficult to move or migrate from OnDemand to Self Hosted when using multiple products, specifically Jira, Confluence, GreenHopper, or Stash?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hallo Brian

This page explains how to migrate from Confluence OnDemand to a self-hosted site, using the special downloads made available for just such a purpose:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+from+Confluence+OnDemand+to+a+Confluence+Installed+Site

And here is the similar page for JIRA:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Sarah

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, you should be able to get exports from JIRA and Confluence now without help from Atlassian support, but if you have trouble please give them a buzz. The main issue will be that OnDemand is usually at a later version than the downloadable versions.

Just to note that Stash isn't available for OnDemand. If you do need Git, this won't be available until you move it to a local hosted solution.

0 votes
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012

Hi Brian,

No it's not difficult ;-)

Depending on your OnDemand instance you can either export the data yourself or you need Atlassian Support to do this for you. The data export you will recieve can then be used as import for you newly installed self-hosted product.

The export OnDemand creates would be the same as-if you export from an Self Hosted Sollution.

We have good experience multiple customers from OnDemand to Self Hosted, but if you run into problem Atlassian Support is there to help you (and they do a good job at it)

Cheers,
Stefan

Suggest an answer