How can I make the file name column wider in confluence for attachments?

HelpDeskS May 13, 2012

The question is self-explanatory. I must be a dunce because I can't find a way to do this.

4 answers

1 vote
Jon Verville June 24, 2013

Atlassian is looking into fixing this known issue, but they haven't yet. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22002

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Can you please poke atlassian on this question?

I would add this question applies to both the attachments display as well as the attachments macro

0 votes
Fujitsu Karlskrona June 18, 2012

Hi

It made the name column wider, but the filename is still truncated.

Is there a way to fix that too?

/Mathias

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2012

Hi,

You can make the column wider by using some custom CSS. To set it globally select Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Stylesheet and use something similar to:

table.attachments th.filename-column {
  width: 75%;
}

using a value in place of 75% that's appropriate for the width you want.

To change it for individual spaces use the same CSS, but enter it via Browse -> Space Admin -> Stylesheet.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2012

This can't be used with OnDemand either :(.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events