confluence: After 3.1 to 4.2.1 upgrade: TOC macro does not operate properly

samjones6 May 8, 2012

We just upgraded from 3.1 to 3.5 to 4.2.1

This affects all my pages with TOC macro. The pages are long, with 25-50 TOC entries.

Issue: TOC appears visually, but either none of the entries are clickable, or only the first 2-4 entries are clickable.

This affects the TOC in view mode in browser and when the page is exported to pdf, the pdf TOC has the exact same behavior.

I tried removing the toc macro and re-inserting it via Insert | Macro.

Additional:

It appears the areas of TOC that are not clickable are in a huge "wiki markup" section of this document. Appears this section did not migrate to new format, but works fine as wiki markup, and looks good.

Halp and thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Heya,

Try the following steps to force migration of your content

1. Re-run migration
  2. Ensure that all plugins is compatible and updated to the latest release version
  3. Re-attempt migration
  4. Double check if the wiki-markup content has been migrated

If the above steps still failed, we highly recommend you to create a support ticket so that we could analyze it deeper on where is the failed migratin occurred.

If you would like to investigate it, you could try the above steps again with the following class configured at DEBUG

com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.migration

under your Confluence logging & profiling page.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Septa Cahyadiputra

samjones6 May 8, 2012

This really helped! I fixed the big problem page in front of me....

However, when I re attempt, it tells me 9 pages did not migrate, but it does not tell me the names of the pages! I can fix them by hand.... if I know which ones they are...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events