Can we control "Assign to Me" button?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

I would like to hide "Assign to Me" button in JIRA? Is thre a way for configuring that?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

You can go to Administration > Plugins> System Pluigns and disable thefollowing module under Issue Operations Plugin

View Issue Ops Bar Assign To Me Link

(assign-to-me)

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Will there be impact on any workflows or any functionality with this change?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Nope. There shouldn't be any.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Thanks Jobin!

Corey_Young August 6, 2012

I found this module but there isn't an option to disable it. I am using the OnDemand version. How can I disable this module? I *really* want to enforce assigning through workflow.

-Corey

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

Hi! The problem is that you can't control this in a On Demand version, many things can't be done in the OD, that's way I always recommend the Standalone.

Here's documentation about the restricted functions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

Ok. So the next obvious question is: Can I port my OnDemand configuration to the download version when I'm ready?

0 votes

I found this module but there isn't an option to disable it. I am using the OnDemand version. How can I disable this module? I *really* want to enforce assigning through workflow.

-Corey

Suggest an answer