SSO integration issue with JIRA 5.0.2

Palvinder Grover May 7, 2012

We have a running instance of JIRA 4.2.1 with integrated SSO, now we are in a process of upgrading JIRA to 5.0.2 version. We have done almost all the required steps and JIRA 5.0.2 is running perfectly with existing database. But when I am deploying the existing SSO integration related files it redirects perfectly on SSO url but when it come back to JIRA it shows some error like "java.lang.AbstractMethodError". I have attached a screen shot of above error.

Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Did you also extend your Authenticator implementation class from JiraSeraphAuthenticator? This is the class used now in seraph-config.xml.

if you have extended you implementation class from DefaultAuthenticator only you will get the error since getUser is an abstract method in DefaultAuthenticator As an alternative you could keep on extending DefaultAuthenticator but you had to implement everything in getUser(request,response) and avoid to call getUser(name) from there.

Palvinder Grover June 11, 2012

Thanks Dieter, your solution works well..........

Pangianto Pang July 29, 2012

hi, i am facing the same problem. i do not quit understand the solution. can explain more?

Thanks

Pangianto Pang October 14, 2012

hi Dieter and Grover,

Can please share the solution? i still cannot solve this after such a long time :(

0 votes
Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Panguin, Dieter is referring to item 2.2 on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA

0 votes
Pangianto Pang November 26, 2012

Hi Dieter and Grover,

Can share how to implement getUser(name) in the getUser(request, response)????

Please help...

Suggest an answer