Help with changing ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

Hello!

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to change the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions in a hosted jira instance (OnDemand), or if we need help from you to do it, please advice. I can't find the setting in the administration part of Jira, but perhaps I've missed some place...

We'd like to have it set to 3 instead of the current 2, as per the page http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-workflowtransitionbuttons

Regards

Nicklas Kittelmann

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2012

To get this changed in OnDemand, you'll need to raise a support request and we'll be able to change this option for you.

1 vote
Martin Butt October 10, 2016

@Eric Franklin, is there anyway of changing this for OnDemand customers? Or any plans to make this a configuration variable?

0 votes
Eric Franklin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2016

Hi all,

Please note that this is no longer a property that can be changed in JIRA Cloud, and that includes being changed via Atlassian Support.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2012

The procedure Radek describes looks ok but you cannot change files in the JIRA Home Directory since your are on an OnDemand instance. Only Atlassian support could do that but i'm note sure if they will. Please contact Atlassian support

0 votes
Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

Well, I'm not sure how to shutdown Jira, nor do I understand how to edit files in some directory...

It would have been easy if we had the instance running at one of our machines, but not when it's hosted by atlassias as part of the OnDemand.

0 votes
Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

This does not work?

1. Shutdown JIRA.
  2. Edit the jira-config.properties file in your JIRA Home Directory.
    (info) See Making changes to the jira-config.properties file for more information.
  3. Change the value of 'X' in the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = X property of this file to the number of transition buttons required before the Workflow button.
    (info) If this property does not exist in your jira-config.properties file, add it. Otherwise, a default value of 2 is assumed.
  4. Save the updated jira-config.properties file.
  5. Restart JIRA.

Suggest an answer