Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify project summary to add custom gadgets

Jaime Rey April 24, 2012

I would like to customize the gadgets in the projects summary, or else create a different page distribution so any newly created project assumes this default distribution.

Is this possible without access to the code and java modifications?

Thanks.

11 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2012

No, the project summaries are pretty much fixed, so you'll need to amend the code to do this.

Jaime Rey April 24, 2012

Ok, thanks for the answer

5 votes
Frank Peters April 28, 2015

It's an old topic I know, but as a new JIRA user I ran into this only a few days in. It would be very nice if you could customize the project summary. Maybe to even set a default page (for instance, I would like to open up with the Issues page. We're not that interested in the recent activity).

1 vote
Bruce Mike June 11, 2014

Is there a feature request ticket for modifiable summary page? Is there a way to vote to greenlight features? This is easily one of the most annoying things I have to deal with daily.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015
1 vote
Marcel Kleinlütke May 15, 2013

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

I created a enhancement request for this, please vote! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44098?src=confmacro

0 votes
Vinh-Thach Nguyen July 1, 2015

It is now more irritated that an Agile RapidBoard, if one exists, becomes the project home page and we still have no way to control the home page.

On the other hand the URL you can define for your project is useless to me. I define it with the /summary page but JIRA does not make use of that URL; the only effect is wherever it is displayed literally and you click on it.

I also try Apache rewriting rule and it works but not for users who disable the new project navigation because the URL of the summary and issues page is different from the new project navigation.

Richard Cross August 17, 2015

You can stop the Agile board from becoming the home page by clicking on your profile link and choose "Disable new project navigation".

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2015

I have created a suggestion here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44098

Please vote and watch.

0 votes
Jeff Painter May 28, 2015

I just want to echo what Frank said - I've used JIRA in different settings over the last couple of years, and it's always irritated me that open issues is what I want to see when I go to a project 99% of the time (both as a project manager and a developer), and yet it takes three page loads to get there (Project > Issues > Open Issues), or two if "project navigation" is enabled (Project > Issues).

0 votes
Marcel Kleinlütke May 15, 2013

Do I get it right:
I search for a xml. This file contains the information which panel is shown on which position within the project-summary-page. I can create a dashboard(?) and edit this xml. change the name of the summary page or insert a new entry with my panel?

That is all? AND can I edit the overwie page for issues in the same way? E.g. edit the filter so that there is not a difference betwenn resolved and unresolved or add a range of statuses?

Jaime Rey May 15, 2013

Here you can see more information about this.

If you create your own panels you can include them in there. If you create new projectPanelFragments you can add them in any projectPanel you like, modifying the XML in both cases.

0 votes
Jaime Rey September 9, 2012

A workaround is to create a ProjectSummaryTabPanel, select it as the first one, and modify the project tabs configuration XML and comment the part refering to the original summary project. This way jira doesn't print it's panel but yours in the first position.

0 votes
Pangianto Pang September 9, 2012

Hi which file to amend?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2012

Depends on what you're trying to amend. There are a lot of files in Jira, even the project header stuff is quite involved.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events