JIRA Wallboard gadget not showing all options and can't start the slideshow

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

Somehow I seem to only have the ability to view the current dashboard as a wallboard and I can't start the series I had set up. I do have the option to configure a wallboard slide show, but hitting done will not save the options. It is set at a cycle time of 30000 seconds and I can't change it.

Wallboard plugin 1.7.1
JIRA 5
Greenhopper 5.9

On a related note, how can I have several gadgets on top of one another. They seem to refuse to stack and will only show the very top one and then transition to the ones below. I thought they would have enough room to show at the same time. I wanted two columns; on the left several Project Progress bars, on the right I wanted updates. But only the very top project bar shows.

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Changing the gadget border color solved the stacking issue, upgrading to a newer version seems to have resolved the other issue of starting/storing a sequence of wallboards

1 vote
jacob allred February 19, 2013

Lana,

See Jay Barra's answer. The widgets will not "Stack" within a single slide unless the widgets have been configured with unique colors.

milanovich February 19, 2013

Thank you!

I finally figured it out: gadgets with the same colour cycle, gadgets with different colours stack. Colour can be changed from widget's drop down menu.

Now my wallboad looks great, ready to radiate :)

1 vote
mcwumbly June 11, 2012

i have the exact same issue...

can't start slideshow, cycle time now stuck at 30000 seconds

0 votes
milanovich February 19, 2013

I am experiencing the same problem. Stacked dashboard widgets (4) are not shown altogether in wallboard view. Instead, they are displayed two per slide.

Is there a solution for this?

I am on Jira v5.2.5 + Greenhopper v6.1.3.1

Thanks

0 votes
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

I was able to fix the stacking issue, the gadgets need to use different colored borders in a stack. Alternate blue and some other color or just using all different colors in a column fixes the stacking issue. I am still having the original problem though of not being able to start the show and can't change the cycle duration.

0 votes
mcwumbly June 11, 2012

i have the exact same issue...

can't start slideshow, cycle time now stuck at 30000 seconds

0 votes
jacob allred May 9, 2012

for reference, I'm using Atlassian JIRA (v4.4#649-r158309) & GreenHopper (v5.7.1)

0 votes
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Those look like what I am trying to show and I get the same thing that you are showing

0 votes
jacob allred May 8, 2012

I am experiencing the same issue:

"They seem to refuse to stack and will only show the very top one and then transition to the ones below."

Anyone have any solution to this stacking issue?

Here is what configured and running wall board look like (notice the 2 gadgets missing on the bottom right:

Suggest an answer