How to Edit Closed Subtasks on Jira v4.2?

Deleted user April 18, 2012

We intend to edit a closed subtask in order to populate a custom field.

Since subtasks are closed we are unable to edit Jira.

Any suggestions to help Edit closed jira subtask on jira v4.2

thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Or with Screenshots :-)

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2012

Why not make a draft of the subtask-workflow and delete the property editable=false at tha Closed-status?

Then publish the draft and edit the subtask.

Kind regards
André

Deleted user April 23, 2012

Hello, Andre, Renjith:

Yes. I have created a draft for my subtask workflow.

How do I publish, activate the draft workflow?

Cheers,

Bhavin

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012
0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2012

Issues become uneditable due to the fact that the workflow transistion sets the property jira.issue.editable to false.

Read the below documentation which explains the same. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues

The steps mentioned in this link will be applicable only for issues that are getting closed post this workflow change.

If you already have existing issues in Closed state, then you need to add a transistion in your workflow from Closed status to Closed itself (call it say 'Clear Editable Flag') and in that transistion set jira.issue.editable to true. After applying this workflow, do a bulk change of all the issues and apply this transistion. Once done all these issues will be editable.

Deleted user April 19, 2012

Renijith, Thanks for your explanation. I read your detailed response and the necessary links.

But after adding the transistion to the workflow, I am unable to see the expected behaviour.

Maybe I am not following the proper steps you advised.

Is it possible to have a WebEx Call to review?

Would appreciate your time to walk through this.

-- Regards, Bhavin K.

San Francisco, USA

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2012

@Bhavin

I am not sure whether the community rules allow me to do so, eventhough I am all happy to support you. Is your Jira license entitle you for an Atlassian support? If that is the case, it will be easier for you to raise a support request.

Anyway some more hints:

I presume that you created a draft for your workflow, edited it and published it. Can you confirm the same?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events