Assign To Me - Adding more users to the drop down menu

Holly Cameron April 9, 2012

Hi there, once an issue has been resolved, or an action completed, I want to be able to Assign it back to the relevant team member to ensure that they are aware that there is an action for them to comment/ or review the work completed. However I am currently only able to see myself and 3 other users in the Assign To Me drop down.

I have changed the Global Permissions by adding the user group to Browse Users but they are still not appearing in the Assign To Me drop down.

The users that I can see are set up in the Assign To Me - are joined to one extra group than the other members however there are no permission, notification, issue schemes set up nor saved filters - yet they are displaying in the Assign To Me dropdown.

Any ideas?

4 answers

3 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

You need to give the users the assignable_user permission in the permission scheme, rather than giving the global browse users permission. That is for being able to see all users using the user picker, for instance.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Are the users assigned to their respective roles in the 'people' tab in the project administration?

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012
0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012
Can you check if you are hit by this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27396 ?

Suggest an answer