Can't see list of issues, receiving errors

Adar Bronstein April 8, 2012

Hey guys,

I'm new to Jira and I'm having a small problem.

At first after creating a project when entering my Jira domain I had on the top Dashboards, Project, Issues, Agile tabs. Now when I go to my domain I only have Dashboards and Agile tabs, I even received a popup saying I should start my first project although I already have one.

If I click on the right Projects - View all I can see it and modify it.

If I click on the top right on the 'issues' link in "No matching issues found" I receive a couple of errors:

Field 'assignee' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Field 'resolution' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Not able to sort using field 'priority'.

on the left I see a message saying:

You do not have the permissions required to browse any projects.

View all projects to change specific project permissions.

so I entered the permissions and everything seems to be in order.

Also, none of the users/accounts I added and assigned to the project are able to reach it from the domain.

What should I do?

Thanks !

2 answers

1 vote
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2013

Hi Adar, yes I can see that you've spoken with our support team! I just want to post the answer here in case someone is facing the same problem!

It seems that the problem was happening because you didn't had specified the 'Browse Project' permission for anyone within the permission scheme that was associated with the target project. And if a user does not have permission to browse the project and the issues within it, the user will not be able to interact with the project (create issues, search for issues, reports, etc).

Thus, just by adding the intended groups/individuals/roles to this permission, everything should work fine!

Cheers,

Bruno Rosa

0 votes
Adar Bronstein April 8, 2012

Problem solved with tech support, thanks

Suggest an answer