can I remove the "Assign" and "Assign To Me" options from tickets in specific statuses?

Adam Grace March 28, 2012

As per my question above, We have a state that a ticket can enter (Backlog) that only the head of product or system admin can update or assign it out. The problem is that others can see the ticket still (which is fine) but they can still use the assign options, and even when they're told not to its still possible for them to do so.

Please see the image below:

3 answers

2 votes
Marco Paleani August 8, 2013

jira.permission.assign.user|denied do the magic

Rusi Popov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2015

Yes, it works, but actually this allows only the user with name "denied" to see them.

Marco Paleani December 14, 2015

;) key = "jira.permission.assign.user" and value = "denied" in the specific workflow-step-property

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2012

Yes you can. Use Workflow properties. There is a post on this here.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2012

What is 'Ad Hoc'?

try something like: jira.permission.assignable=denied

If that doesn't work, try:

jira.permission.assignable.user=auserwhodosentexist

thanks, this helps. Although I'm having issues getting anything to work.

I'm trying jira.permission.assignable.Ad hoc.1 denied and am getting no where. Can you see what I'm doing wrong here?

The Ad hoc is a user group I was testing this out with. The thing is I don't want to completely remove the buttons completely. The Production team and Admin still need them. But all other departments don't need it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2012

Try:

jira.permission.assignable.group=Ad hoc

Use jira.permission.assignable.group.1, jira.permission.assignable.group.2 etc if you have more than one group!

0 votes
Darlene Pike December 17, 2012

Suggest an answer