Issue Security - Allow only certain user/groups to create/view certain issue types

wlong (SHIP) March 26, 2012

Our project has 4 issue types. Bugs, Improvments, New Features, and Tasks. We have an external consulting company that uses this project and we don't want them to create or view tasks. I've searched and searched and I find a lot of fragment information about this along with a lot of requestes to make this available in JIRA but no solution.

So, I want my internal team to seea nd be able to create all the issue types along with seeing them on the dasboard. I want my external team to NOT see the task issue type and not see any of it on the dashboard or activity streams.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

You need to automatically set the issue security level depending on the issue type. There are two possible solutions to this here: http://blogs.onresolve.com/?p=74.

wlong (SHIP) March 26, 2012

Thank you for the quick reply! I did read this blog and it seems workable however it was dated 4 years ago. This is still the best method to solve the above scenario?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

I don't know of anything else.... The groovy script needs a small change, if you search for it you will find an updated version somewhere.

Radim Drinka March 18, 2015

But this script is only for view (for which we don´t need script, we just enter a post-function in the workflow). Is there a possibility to restrict creation of a certain issue type?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Not in any sensible way. The only thing you can do is add a validator on Create, which would force the user to change the issue type, but makes for an unpleasant user experience. There are outstanding issues for this on JAC.

dipen_dedania June 17, 2019

Blog link is dead

Suggest an answer