How to integrate Jira and SAP

Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2012

Hi,

How can we integrate SAP with Jira?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2012

It is possible to integrate SAP with Jira using Streamwork. There is a blog post here that provides all the details about this.

Basically we would need to make use of Atlassian's OpenSocial gadgets to implement this.

To install Atlassian’s OpenSocial gadgets in StreamWork, have your StreamWork org admin click Developers -> upload OpenSocial gadgets -> Method Registration -> Register OpenSocial Gadget. You’ll be prompted for a Gadget description, which should be a URL.

1 vote
Stanislav Janjac July 31, 2020

There is SAP partner solution for this integration. Check SAP Hub portal: https://api.sap.com/package/SAPS4HANAIntegrationwithJIRA. This solution runs on SAP Cloud platform Integration (CPI). SAP Partner Commondo provides also stand alone version of the solution. Please check vendor's page for Commondo ePPM Suite product for more details.

0 votes
Sivaram January 5, 2022

Could you please provide any documentation for integration of SAP to JIRA (from the scratch).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Siva

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

This is a very old conversation, and I do not know that any other participant here might even see your question.

Could you ask a new question (use the "ask the community" button in the menu bar) and give more detail about what problem you are trying to solve?  ("Integration" tells us nothing more than "I want two things to talk to each other", which is not a useful question - tell us what you want to happen, you'll get a better faster answer than the default "yup, to integrate them, connect them")

0 votes
vinitswar January 28, 2013

What is streamwork? From what I have read, I would only be able to display JIRA gadgets on streamwork.

Would I be able to write data on the SAP table or extract data from SAP to be displayed on JIRA?

Else the gadget would just be a replica of JIRA and would be of little help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

That is pretty much it - Streamwork would be able to draw in and display information from Atlassian systems, but nothing more. Unless you wrote stuff to enable updates in SAP from gadgets.

vinitswar January 28, 2013

Is there any other plugin or workaround that would help me do this?

The whole point of this exercise is so that I would have to re-enter data in SAP for issues logged in JIRA. I would rather directly log issues on SAP then.

If we do not integrate both the portals, it would render on of them unused.

Lev Novikov June 12, 2018

Hello,

There is solution provided by Alpeinsoft which is called SAP2JIRA. It allows you to flexibly customize an interface between SAP and Jira to fulfill different business processes. Please check this link

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217668/sap2jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Regards

Like Coco (El mejor) likes this
Johnson Aduri October 1, 2020

@Lev Novikov  Do we have documentation for SAP4JIRA ? If yes please provide the link. Thanks in advance. 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question