Greenhopper Rapidboard - Blocked/Flagged/Impediment attirbute?

Mark Gibaud March 19, 2012

Hi,

I looked in the documentation and other questions on Atlassian Answers but could not find in any information on this, so apologies is there is some!

Just wondering about having Blocked issues on the Rapid Board. Is this possible? I have added a Blocked issue field and configured Greenhopper to use is but I still don't see it on the rapid board once something is blocked.

Is this not available yet but in the roadmap? How is it possible to see what's in the roadmap for Greenhopper?

Thanks!

Mark.

10 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Marcus,

Would card colours by a query be suitable for your flagging needs? Perhaps then using that label or the Flagged custom field you could configure different colours based upon the value (lime green versus dark green perhaps, or any combination you can imagine).

Thanks,
Nicholas Muldoon

@GreenHopperTeam

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Wow! That is a great feature. It answers lots of issues...

When are we going to see it?

Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2012

Glad you like it. Configurable card colours will be in the next release.

Daniel Eichling August 16, 2012

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

4 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2012

Hi Mark,

This feature has been requested a few times and we do intend on implementing it. One potential workaround for now is labelling the issues then adding a quick filter or swimlane to pick out those labelled issues.

Unfortunately we don't publish external roadmaps (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy) because they are often pre-empted by changing customer demands. However, this particular feature is obviously highly valuable so you can expect to see it implemented sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
Shaun

Mark Gibaud April 1, 2012

Thanks Shaun that's great. I'll implement the workaround and look forward to the feature implementation :-)

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

We are using swim lanes for stories and therefore the workaround it is not an option for us...

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

You can use custom queries for swimlanes, so the work around would apply. Also see the answer below suggesting card colours.

2 votes
Adrijus Jakulevicius October 14, 2012

Hi,

Any updates on this issue?

I think the best solution will be to realize the same functinality that was on Classic Board with additional icon on the top of the actual sticky.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

not an answer

1 vote
Veronica April 10, 2013

What is the query to get the flagged custom field?

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013
flagged = "escalation"

Veronica April 18, 2013

I used that query and it still is not turning my task that I flagged red.

1 vote
Marcus Hammarberg August 16, 2012

Ahhh - coolness. That could work. I'll try it.

Doh! That's version 6, huh? We still on 5.1. :(

I'll try something else

1 vote
Marcus Hammarberg August 16, 2012

Yeah, that is a great feature. Very useful... not that useful for blocker IMHO.

But, as you also indicated above, that's for work item types (Bug, Story, Technical story etc.). I was looking for a way to mark any card a blocked.

A Bug can be blocked, as well as a Story, as well as a ... It doesn't change the kind of work on it.

On a physical board this would be a little magnet or maybe a different colored sticky put on top of the actual sticky.

Still - it could work as a work around. But I would love a way to mark any ticket as blocket.

(N.B. I'm a total newbie to Greenhopper, but not to Kanban. So if I have missed some apparent ways of doing this - please let me know. )

Rickard Johansson [Tieto] August 16, 2012

Judging by the screenshot it will also work with JQL queries. This should allow you to colour a card depending on field values, which in turn would let you use the flagged field or a lable to mark the issue (or any other field you would be using to mark issues).

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

not an answer, please comment on an exiting answer or question

0 votes
Jonathan Spooner June 16, 2013
I haven't found a way todo it. I like the way AgileZen makes it easy to block an issue and write a quick note. Then the story on the board is RED making it very easy to see.
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Hi Jonathan,

There is a new feature for flagging in GreenHopper 6.2.3. I've shared my experience with it here:

Flagging issues as blockers in JIRA

Cheers,
Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
Veronica April 18, 2013

Anyone can respond to help me with the right JQL so my issue that is flagged as an impediment turns my card red on the board? flagged = "escalation" and flagged = "impediment" are not working

Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Hi Veronica,

There is a new feature for flagging in GreenHopper 6.2.3. I've shared my experience with it here:

Flagging issues as blockers in JIRA

Cheers,
Nicholas Muldoon

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

not an answer

0 votes
Marcus Hammarberg August 15, 2012

Any updates on this issue?

Suggest an answer