One page at several locations

Christian Neureiter March 2, 2012

Hi!

Does Confluence provide any functionality to show one and the same page at several locations? I want to create one page and show it at different locations in the "tree", maybe also in different spaces. The page should always be linked to one page, so that a change in the page is also reflected to all other page.

regards,

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2012

Hi Christian,

I think I'd approach what you want to do by using the Include Page macro - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Include+Page+Macro

1. Create a master page and, name it with an underscore prefix and move it above the root of a space so it doesn't appear anywhere in the navigation (see http://blog.networkedcollaboration.com/2011/11/28/seed-your-wiki-with-labels/ for an example of what I mean)

2. Create the "real" pages wherever you want in the navigation and in whichever spaces you want.

3. Use the include page macro in the "real" pages to include the "master" page

4. Whenever you want to make any changes, make them in the "master" and they will automatically be reflected in all of the "real" pages

An advantage of this approach is that you can also include supplemental content on the "real" pages if you want to without affecting all of the other "real" pages.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2012

May be a simple workaround. Where ever you want to show the page, create a new page with just the {include} macro which points to the orginal page

Jan Mueller August 2, 2013

All this is good and probably works for the end-user. But you have to undertake several steps to get to the "master" page, or am I overlooking something?
If I want to know which page was the master for the current page (assuming I am currently on the "real" page), I'd have to edit the page and dig through the content (specifically the include-macro). Or is there another, easier, way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events